Tuesday, June 05, 2007

I think I FORGOT I had one of these!!! Oooops!

Ok - so I've pretty much ignored blogging/writing anything of late. Shame Shame Shame!

Newsworthy items:

Charisma won her 1st class Memorial Weekend - class size of 12, and though only a walk/jog - it was impressive to me - as it was only her 2nd time in the show arena. Lots of buzz about her after her win - so as I've "matured", the decision to take her and hide at the trailer until next time - was a wise one... it's best to go slowly with these young horses, and have LOW expectations! So when something really GREAT happens - don't try to do it again in the same day YET!

At the same show, Gus & Randy won their showmanship class, and he took 3rd with Gus behind "me"...(evil laugh he he....) in one class, and then things fell apart rapidly, and I ended up "schooling" Gus in a few classes, then competing again to win 1st in a class (I also won the trail class), and we put Gus away after all that too.

Gus is very upset to have Charisma leave him at any time during our stay at the show. This has perplexed me on his attitude until I realized that this is the first year that we have had TWO horses to take to shows....so will have to work through this, just like anything else.

Though Gus has also come up lame since before the show - with a tentative diagnosis of a hoof bruise of some type. It's not gushing Blood - so who the hell knows! That's my take... ANYWAY - he's been resting after having a series of 5 days of bute and foot soaking. He seems better these last couple of days - but will give him the remainder of this week on vacation and bring him out to see if he's going to stay sound to show on the 17th.

Sammy has been running barrels fairly decent this year - this past weekend we won $85 at the NBHA District show - and have even picked up a few points at the BHSA shows we've went to. This might seem funny - but I took him all last year, and never placed at a show.... So we've made improvements - and hope to continue.

Kara won her 1st leadline class of the year - and also took Gus in showmanship - it was very cute, and Mom & Dad were proud. The next show, I think she spent too much time talking to daddy and not being serious enough, but she still received 4th - and Mom really has to chill about these things- as she is only 6.....I will expect more out of my 7 yr old next year...ha ha...

Bo has managed to at least get a C or above in all his classes this quarter! This is a VERY big accomplishment and helpful heading into high school next year. Bo has also been helping do barn chores everynight - and has been a HUGE help to me every night. Why didn't I think of this sooner???? Bo leaves this weekend for his dad's for the summer, and will be missed (and not just cuz of chores).

Randy got his newer and bigger skid steer this past weekend. He's happy with his new toy. So I figure, that frees up about a $4,000 spending allowance for me next year....so I can be happy too!

Unlike my photographer friend, Kathy, I have no pictures to share at this time - I will work on that - and promise to post more often!

Also - remember our show on June 24 at the fairgrounds in Portage - your volunteer help will be MUCH appreciated!

Until next time!

No comments: