Monday, March 12, 2007

I Didn't Ride.....













Sunday was beautiful - and though hard to swallow, I spent most of it at CHURCH...lol... My niece, Heather was baptized at the River of Life Church in Portage on Sunday. If I was to be a firm believer and go to Church regularly, I think it was fun and "modern" service....though as the hours drug on, I couldn't quite control my restlessness, and fidget....I think alot of the kids were probably more contained than I was.




We got home around 2ish, and I told Kara that we had to go over and visit Gus, and Kara said she wanted to ride (wow)....so packed up her little saddle and helmut and off we went. So, I was in the rare position with my child, where I was the observer and not the participant.....it feels strange, but I was very pleased to be there. Gus was very well behaved and packed her around like a trooper...in fact she had a hard time getting him to move! There was a neighbor shooting "guns", and though I was a little nervous, Gus handled it all well.




As by looking at the pictures, it's time to move her stirrups DOWN...she hasn't ridden since last fall in her saddle, and her legs have grown considerably!



Kara even jogged Gus. This is really the first time that she's been on the length of the lungeline. And steering mostly on her own. Kara will start riding lessons at Jessica Cole's soon. Where she will learn how to ride English style first. I firmly believe that learning to post and ride in that discipline - teaches more balance and leg position and strength, than in a western saddle. Too many kids just grab the saddle horn when things are not going "right", instead of learning to use their legs and bodies, and THINK!


So, I was the proud mama, snapping pictures... ha ha....


1 comment:

Kathy C said...

Adorable! What fun!!