Monday, July 23, 2007

Wow!

I spent the this past weekend at a barrel clinic being taught by Ed Wright. It was a tiring weekend, full of drills, individual works and a total change of riding style "vs" the old way of doing things. I have to be honest and say I struggled with it on Saturday. But on Sunday, really got it and really drastically improved my turn on the barrels. It will, of course, take practice, and I'm sure slips of doing it the "old" way, but hopefully the changes will show their results on the time clock.

Randy & Gus went to Red Ridge pleasure show with out me & Charisma. They did quite well in the English - winning the Sr Hunter Under Saddle Class. But the western classes didn't go as well, as Gus & Randy are still having "show nerves" to work through together. They did however, remain consistent and win the High Point of the day.

No comments: