Wednesday, January 02, 2008

2008

Ok, holidays are done, over, gone! Bah humbug can go away and not return until mid-december....

Our New Year's Eve was more fun than last year (Kara had the flu), and this year's rotation was at our house. Paul & Denise Bandt, Shelley & Seth and us get together for new years. We often get together thru the year for dinner, campfires and trail riding. New years see's us playing Pictionary. We've all decided that we are getting old, cuz no-one really had anything to drink. I think I drank the most, which was 2 (two) mike's hard lemonades....and that was enough for me.

I decided to get serious about quitting smoking. I've been bouncing around it the last couple of months....and as of Jan 1st, Wisconsin increased the cig. tax by another dollar - raising a pack of cig to $4.48 each... I averaged a pack + a day - so even figuring at 1 a day - that is $31.36 per week, $125.44 per month and $1,505.28 per year... very scary numbers. R. smokes 1 to 2 packs per day - and even if we figure him at only 1 - that is a combined total of $62.72 per week, $250.88 per month, and $3,010.56 per year. Wow.....

Someone asked me what I was doing with the extra $$$...... my plan is to take $30 per week and put in a savings account.....for something for ME..... BUT I have to stay on course first....

No comments: