Tuesday, January 08, 2008

news

Ok - it's been 7 days since the last cigarette......I know eventually I will feel healthier instead of crabby, edgy, grumpy, ornery, fidgety. I'm taking prescription Chantex, which does help with all of that....problem is that I often forget to take in the mornings and often just dont want to, as it does NOT mix well with my morning coffee. So I feel that I should be able to "tuff" it out....

Hardest times that I'm trying to avoid:

1) When Randy and I are standing outside of the barn talking....I'm usually ALWAYS steal a smoke from him then. This has been hard, and our usual conversation ends with me being bitchy.... hopefully that goes away soon..

2) Driving the car.

3) Reading (I would often smoke the most then, especially if a good book).

4) First thing - with my 1st cup of coffee (this might be the hardest time).

The common things most people say are hardest about quitting smoking that have not been for me: after I eat and after sex (cuz well, I want to sleep), and it really doesn't bother me to not have a cigarette in my hand /mouth either.

I'm very concerned about weight gain at this point.... I've already packed on my "winter" weight, being only the 1st part of January, this is a concern... So I shopped on ebay, and bought tapes for Pilates and Yoga.... I do need to OPEN them however...lol... and make time to do them. The idea was to get up earlier in the morning..... yeah well, it was a thought...that needs to be acted upon. Randy of course says that I can do them at night, but I DON'T want him to watch.... Anyway, I'm not so much really overweight as I'm terribly un-fit.... I know I have stomach muscles, as everyone does, I just haven't been able to locate them for some years.... my arms are weak as 2 wagon loads of hay just about did me in.... that is a shame.... my saddle feels heavy to me...... YIKES! can't have that...... maybe that would be a good motivator.... I refuse to buy any clothes that are bigger.....hopefully don't end up wearing sweats to work... ha ha...

Side note on the smoking thing..... Damn Twinkle likes to go down and yap at my dad's dogs (yeah suicidal), and one of the dogs was loose Sunday AM, and all I heard was crying and crap, which I was in the barn, and ran as fast as I could to try to "save" her.... Twinkle met me at a dead run (well as fast as a dead run a dog that is barely 12" tall can do).... so that was good, and I honestly can say that I didn't keel over from lack of oxygen!! I'm thinking a shock collar might be in twinkle's future.... i have repeated nightmares of her being slaughtered by the german sheperd...it's not been fun.

All right, back to work.....

3 comments:

Kathy C said...

Wow it's great you've already made it through a week, AND you can already feel the difference? Amazing.

Beth said...

YEAH for making it one week!!!! Good for you! Now here is to many more!

Callie said...

Good Luck with that. I'm a smoker and I'm not ready to quit yet. I know alot of people who took Chantex. Most have stopped for some time. Good Luck!