Friday, December 08, 2006

Busy At Work

yesterday, I was busy at work, watching the live feed for the Paint Vegas Show. They were running the Open Gamblers Choice Trail. I tell ya - it was a hoot. They were running a fairly tough course as a timed event. I think they had 3 minutes (hard to tell as I have volume turned down, I was "working") and they assigned each obstacle points - and I think they could do each obstacle 2 times. It was really fun to watch - some of those trainers had a hell of a handle on their horses thats for sure. It was like watching a fast action trail class. I could get into that!

Kara brought home songs to practice for their Kindgarten christmas ditty. I thought I'd share the 12 days of Christmas - the puppy/dog version.... She's adorable singing - but I keep screwing up the song with the original version...ha ha...

Christmas is only 16 days away....scary.... we are putting up the tree and decorations this weekend. As we go thru town on our way home from school - Kara comentates on ALL the houses decorated with lights, and compares it to our boring unlighted residence (cuz Mom's the grinch).....soooo bending to the pressure.......course knowing myself, and if I have to hang lights on the house to appease my spoiled 6 year old, then I'll be hanging lights around the barn. Ha! Of course Randy's idea was to hang lights and tinsel all along the new fence around the drive... Course he doesn't open the electric bill either!

I'm going riding this weekend....even if its bareback around the round pen...I haven't rode in weeks and weeks....

I talked to a Paul Huettl last night about taking lessons for myself... he sounds fun...will have to go try him out.... Also, am on the list to go to the Mark Shaffer clinic and the Ed Wright barrel clinic this summer..... I better start putting paper in my coin jar to help pay for all my wants...hehe....

No comments: