Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas is DONE!

Well, we survived christmas...the weekend was long and too short at the same time.

My thoughts were with the Cummings family as Kelzon has joined horse heaven. Shyla impressed me with her maturity in the difficult situation that it was. And I was glad I was there to offer what little support I was able to.

As far as Christmas joy at our house - it's hard not to have any with a six year old present! When I got back from my now 11th trip to Wisconsin Dells to pick up Bo on early Christmas morning (only 5 more to go!) - Kara was anxiously awaiting us to open gifts. Though Santa was generous - there were not as many gifts under the tree as in some years. Santa has tightened his belt and refuses to charge Christmas any more to the credit card!

Kara stated last night before bed that she had a great Christmas and Bo seems very pleased with his gifts - so what more is needed?! Bo was happy to get an MP3 player, and once I figured the damn thing out, pretty much had that stuck in his ear the rest of the day. Also most of the family has figured out that he loves golf - so Bo has lots and lots of golf balls for Shadow to fetch.

Randy & I had agreed to not exchange presents....though he really didn't keep his end of the deal, taking the kids shopping on Saturday and getting me a few things...which was sweet, but now decidedly lop sided on the gift exchange meter. So, I have a gift card to TSC - so he might have a few new jeans and socks! So romantic....lol...

1 comment:

Kathy C said...

Wow - you found your blog! Glad to see you posting. Now I should help you out and do some cool border or something...It only took me a week to figure out how to load mine without it being blurry.