Monday, December 11, 2006

Killer Rabbits

"Aunt" Shelley gave Kara a rabbit for her birthday. When the rabbit - who is now named Hopscotch - came to reside at our home, he was a loving and friendly bunny.

I went to pick up our sweet rabbit, and risked having both wrists slashed with the the sharp knives coming from those thrashing back legs. Who knew that rabbits can turn into superman in a blink of an eye? Me, who usually has no trouble controlling a 1,000 lb horse had all I could do to hold on onto a stinking rabbit!!!!! What's wrong with the scenario? I will have to sign up for bunny lessons from the Harvey's....sigh.... I did get Hopscotchs home clean - so will have to find out a strategy for next time and take some lessons...ha ha...

Also had Charisma out this weekend - she is slowly settling into her new home. There were a few days of worry that I had bought a physcho horse, but I think she's going to be ok. I had her in the cross ties, cleaned all 4 hooves, saddled and lunged her (there was some bucking but nothing unexpected with the warm day), and left her tied for an hour at the round pen., and all was good.

My sister Jena was out again yesterday and took Sammy out for another trail ride. I think this is going to be good as Jena really can't afford to own a horse, and Sammy really can use getting out of the arena and trail ride...so maybe this will work out for both of us.....though I did holler at her about letting my good lead rope drag on the ground.....that big sister thing just snuck out....he he..... Sometimes I don't think I'll grow out of that.

Many of the boarders were out this weekend enjoying the weather. It was nice seeing everyone out enjoying there horses.

No comments: