Thursday, December 07, 2006

It's been a while................

Ok, I was re-introduced to the "blog" way of life recently....after reading the help menu's - I found my blog page again.... and realized it was over a YEAR ago since my last post....wow...time flys.

In the past year, the farm has really grown - there are now 16 boarding horses here...with 6 horses arriving October 1st. The tack room has shrunk incredibly! We are looking at ways to organize, and will probably build more tack lockers as time allows. I heartily welcome the new owners & horses to our busy lives, and hope they enjoy their horses as much as I do.

It was a sad decision to sell Nemo this fall, especially with all the special time working on his injury all summer. I hope that he has a good caring home. With the sales, I found ourselves down to ownly 2 horses - Gus & Sammy - who at this time, feel they won't ever be sold. We were short a horse for Randy, which as I ususally have no specific reason to search for horses for sale, led me on a frantic (well any excuse will work), search for the right horse on a very limited budget.

Well, to be proud of me, I didn't impulse buy - and didn't buy the first critter I saw... we did settle for a younger horse do to our financial restrictions. We brought Charisma home this past Saturday. We bought her from Chris Corrus in Richfield, WI (yes, actually bought a horse that was residing in Wisconsin) - Chris was the breeder - owning the mare and the stallion. Charisma had never been in a horse trailer before Saturday and loaded like she'd done it a million times. She was very good to unload, though she wasn't all too sure about the landing.. Charisma is having some difficulty settling in, and is very upset about being stalled at night. I'm hoping she works through this, as a future show horse, she will need to learn to be inside more, and the patience of being tied to a trailer for hours.

I have a stall reserved at Kari's (who has an indoor) for February and Charisma will be going to work, and hopefully we will see what's under the hood, so to speak.

I suppose I should go to work - as I'm already at work, and should be doing something more productive....ha ha...

until next time - and lets hope not more than a year from now.

No comments: