Friday, January 19, 2007

Machinery Dependence.....

To my stall boarders: I'm sorry the stalls are not very clean right now... The manure spreader was full - and Randy went to take spreader out Wednesday night. HOWEVER - the main component necessary to running the tractor was missing....your right - it was the KEY!.....Sooooo, no starting of the tractor..... I didn't clean stalls yesterday .

Randy did come home yesterday after work with a torch and a propane tank and proceeded to melt the snow under the tractor in search of the KEY.... He started up the torch when I had 3 horses left to bring inside....you can imagine the the funky noise and lights as the tractor is parked right along side the barn, fairly near the back door. I asked Randy to cease & desist until I could finish bringing in the horses. After I had everybody in, he started the torch back up....wow - what a way to light up the night and get EVERYONE in the barn stirred up....I went thru and shut up the stall drop-downs to ensure no one could escape...lol...

Now, Randy was SUCCESSFUL in finding the small key (which has prompted him to want to install a toggle switch on the tractor), and took out the spreader of manure. So now the spreader is empty for use. BUT the stalls have went 2 days, and it is now Friday. The plan is to let them go today - and Saturday morning have a strip it party....and I will have lots of clothes on....ha ha... Most people know I'm picky about the stalls and being clean....but its been a bit of vacation to just let them go!

Charisma leaves tomorrow to go to Jessica Cole's for training. I'm praying that she's not a freak about being moved to another strange place, but I have full confidence that Jessica will handle her fine. I did call her past owner, as I still had not received her registration papers and its been almost 3 weeks since they cashed the check. I left a message to her about that, and she called back this week and told me she was sorry to have "forgotten" them, and was wondering if she had settled down yet. I have not returned the call at this point, as I have a feeling that she knew Charisma was like this and didn't disclose that to me (even though I specifically asked if she had any "vices"). Well, too late now, and hopefully she is a complete star under saddle, and we can "deal" with her stall weaving when she is upset. Luckily she doesn't seem to do it ALL the time.

Well, if anyone wants to come to the "strip-it" party tomorrow.......

Have a good weekend!

No comments: