Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Who invited the FLU for New Years?

For several years now, we have gotten together with Shelley and the Bandt's for New Years, and have rotated houses every year. This year was hosted by the Bandt's. We needed to pick up Bo from his Dad's in the Dells and had him by 6:30. On the way to Bo, Kara said her stomach felt sick. Well, she was watching her new DVD player and I didn't know if that might make her feel queasy. She said that maybe she was hungry....I told Kara that we would eat when we got to the Bandt's. Let me just say she was NOT hungry... we got into the Bandt's house, where Kara promptly threw up all over the living room....and I mean ALL OVER! It's bad enough when they get sick on your OWN carpet, much less anyone else! YUCK....course a bucket or bowl never came until it was too late....and my ownself happened to already be parked on the toilet anyway.... so we get everything cleaned up, and lay her down. We did manage to eat dinner, but Kara was sick again, so we went home. We were home before 9 pm. Kara was sick all night and pretty much slept all day New Years Day.

Of course, I had to catch this silly bug, and was sick all day Tuesday - HOWEVER - due to year end closing and payroll, I had to go to work anyway....now that was nasty.....I left early, and got home about 4:30 and went to sleep, and didn't get back up until 6 this morning. I feel much better today....thankfully!

So much fun ringing in the new year!

No comments: